Energy Policy Scenarios to 2050
1.5 The Regions
The study uses a bottom-up process integrating WEC's network of Member Committees (Figure 1-3 ). The world was divided into five regions:
- Africa - defined as the African continent, including Madagascar and the Cape Verde Islands.
- Asia - including East and Southeast Asia, Oceania, Central Asia, and the Middle East (Gulf States).
- Europe - includes the European Union (EU-27) and EFTA nations (Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, etc.), the Balkan countries, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus.
- Latin America and the Caribbean - South America, Central America, and the Caribbean nations.
- North America - Canada, Mexico, and the United States of America.
Each of the regions prepared their own analyses, which have been taken into account in this report and are separately available in their entirety (see Appendix A).