Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic

The global COVID-19 pandemic is a fundamental test of leadership for the energy industry. Learn about our plausible and alternative scenarios of what might happen, and our tools that enable you to stress test exist strategies and emerge from the COVID-19 shock as a more resilient society. Together we can continue to accelerate a successful global energy transition.

Find Out More

Ellen Diskin

EuropeIrelandFuture Energy Leaders CommunityUtilities

Ellen Diskin

Active System Manager

ESB

ESB Networks is the Irish distribution system operator, and transmission system owner, responsible for providing universal, affordable access to electricity, supporting social and economic growth for communities and business across Ireland.      ESB Networks is the Irish distribution system operator, and transmission system owner.  It is responsible for providing universal, affordable access to electricity, supporting the social and economic development of communities and business across Ireland.      Over the past two decades, ESB  has become a leader in connecting and manging renewable energy.  Ireland’s total wind energy generation capacity is equal to over 80% of system peak demand, and expected to double over the coming half decade.  On a small Island with no synchronous interconnection, this creates unique operational challenges which ESB Networks’ is meeting, in partnership with industry, the regulator and the TSO.  ESB is a fully regulated, ringfenced business unit within the Electricity Supply Board (ESB).  The ESB was established in 1927 as a statutory corporation under the Electricity (Supply) Act 1927. With a holding of 95%, ESB is majority owned by the Irish Government. The remaining 5% is held by trustees of an Employee Share Ownership Plan.  ESB has a regulated asset base in Ireland and Northern Ireland of c. €9 billion, 43% of generation capacity in the all-island market, and currently supplies electricity to c.1.4 million customers

Join the World Energy Council

Engage in strategic dialogue with the energy leaders of today and the future, build capabilities and help shape the energy future.