World Day of Energy Efficiency (Día Mundial de la Eficiencia Energética)
During the First International Meeting on Energy Efficiency, held in Austria in 1998, it was agreed to establish a day with the objective of debating and rising awareness of the importance of the responsible use of energy. Since then, every March 5 marks the World Energy Efficiency Day. The objective of this Webinar is to promote the exchange of experiences and best practices that could be implemented to foster the energy efficiency in the region. The Webinar will have three sessions.
The debate will be conducted by high-level specialists and referents from governments and private sector. Energy efficiency is the only resource available in every country and in every sector of the economy. Its use and development contribute to achieve low-carbon energy transition and at the same time, it contributes to improve the three objectives of the WorldEnergy Trilemma: energy security, environmental sustainability and energy equity
Sessions and Speakers List:
1.Regional Public Policies
- Ignacio Santelices, Executive Chair of the Energy Sustainability Agency Chile
- Odón de Buen, Chair of the National Commission for the Efficient Use of Energy (CONUEE) of Mexico
- Olga González, Advisor to the Mining and Energy Planning Unit (UPME) of Colombia
2. Success cases of energy efficiency in the industrial sector:
- Javier Pastorino, Managing Director Argentina, Chile and Uruguay of Siemens Energía
- Juan Erize, Country Head of Enel Argentina
- Speaker to be confirmed-Spirax Sarco
3. Humanising Energy
- Angela Wilkinson, Secretary-General and Chief Executive, World Energy Council
To register please click here.