We are pleased to let you know that we will shortly publish Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for World Energy Week 2025 and the World Energy Congress 2026.
Every Member Committee in our global community can bid to host the World Energy Congress or World Energy Week and take advantage of the significant opportunities that hosting one of our flagship gatherings brings. These include:
- Showcasing energy leadership in your city and country and your active role in driving forward the global energy agenda
- Demonstrating your commitment to our Humanising Energy vision and enabling faster, fairer, and more far-reaching energy transitions
- Convening leaders and shapers from across the whole energy ecosystem to enable solutions and deliver impact
- Generating value and economic growth opportunities for your local and international stakeholders
- Forging an unparalleled legacy that will continue to drive the energy conversation for years to come
World Energy Week 2025
The RFP for World Energy Week 2025 will be released in the week commencing 27 March 2023. The pack will include detailed information on the timeline, hosting criteria and event requirements.
27th World Energy Congress
The RFP for the 27th World Energy Congress will be released in the week commencing 8 May 2023. Detailed requirements will be outlined in the RFP, in the meantime we are pleased to share an information note below with preliminary information on the bidding process, timeline and key host requirements. The 27th World Energy Congress is expected to take place in October 2026.
RFP timeline for the 27th World Energy Congress
|RFP released||Week commencing 8 May 2023|
|Bids due||Friday 8 September by 17.00 (UTC+1)|
|Secretariat evaluation of bids||From Monday 11 September to Friday 29 October 2023|
|Qualifying bids published||Week commencing 23 October 2023|
|Voting window for Member Committees open||From Monday 27 November to Monday 11 December 2023|
|Council Board validates vote outcome and the result is published||Week commencing 11 December 2023|