The 2020 call for the FELs nominations is now open! The World Energy Council is looking for this generation's brightest minds among young professionals to join the Council's Future Energy Leaders (FEL-100) programme.
The deadline for applications is the 28th February 2020, 17h00 GMT.
Candidates interested in applying for the FEL-100 programme are required to fill out the online form to recieve further information. The application form can be accessed here.
The World Energy Council's Future Energy Leaders Programme (FEL-100) is a global and diverse network of young energy professionals designed to help shape, inspire and grow the energy leaders of tomorrow. The platform engages a limited number of ambitious young professionals to participate in the Council's programmes as well as contribute to national, regional and international activities and events. The programme's objective is to inspire the next generation of energy leaders capable of solving the world’s most pressing energy and sustainability challenges.
The FEL community builds on creative ideas and the innovative potential of the next generation to challenge conventional thinking and explore new strategies for the future of our energy systems. It offers young professionals a unique opportunity for learning and development with exposure to critical issues in the energy debate.
The main objective of the FEL-100 Programme is to improve knowledge, experience and skills.
Successful applicants will have an opportunity to:
- Access and contribute to the Council’s energy transition tools and authoritative studies as experts or observers, and where they can develop their experience, knowledge and skills in an energy-focused environment while contributing to the World Energy Council’s global dialogue.
- Through a flexible and interactive system, the programme enables FELs to design projects with valuable and practical outputs – webinars, events, online tools and case studies. Projects form an integral part of the FEL programme as they help shape the FEL-100 community and provides unique opportunities for international cooperation.
- Attend select World Energy Council global, regional and national events including the FEL-100 Congress which is held every 3 years in parallel with the Council’s World Energy Congress. With an integrated programme aimed specifically for future leaders, this premier energy gathering offers a unique opportunity to better understand energy issues and solutions from a global perspective.
- Create their own professional network.
- Shape the vision of tomorrow’s energy system.
- Bridge the generation gap.
"The FEL-100 programme is a life-time opportunity to meet the world’s most influential young energy professionals from around the world. We all have one thing in common: passion for energy systems and mapping how the world’s energy use and consumption will be transformed in the next decades. The FEL-100 programme provides a unique platform for ideas exchange, discussion, and collaborative work on the world’s most pressing issues."
"Being part of the Future Energy Leaders network is a distinguished honour and an immense lifetime professional opportunity. It is an honour as it connects you to some of the brightest and most inspiring energy professionals that apply innovative thinking for addressing daily energy local and global challenges. At the same time, it is a great opportunity to make a global impact by having a direct say on shaping the energy systems of the future. The Future Energy Leaders challenge convenient thinking and represent a real life case where collective work that transcends any boarders contributes towards attaining the goal of a successful energy transition."