Becoming a Future Energy Leader
For those accepted onto the programme, there are significant opportunities to progress ideas, projects and even careers. For the Council and the broader energy sector, this unique platform helps build the much-needed capabilities to ensure we are taking positive steps towards successful energy transition.
“For me, the FEL Programme turned out to be a life-changing experience. When I came to the World Energy Congress in Daegu in 2013, I was in the process of finishing my PhD. Through the Japanese FELs, I made contact with the prestigious Research Institute of Innovative Technology for the Earth (RITE) in Kyoto. I was hired a few months later. I literally got into my dream job thanks to FEL Programme!”
Bianka Shoai Tehrani, FEL Alumni
Who can join?
During the first half of every year we on-board around 35 new participants and the same number of participants are replaced. Programme applicants should meet the following essential criteria:
- Should not be more than 35 years old at the time of application
- Solid interest and proven track record in energy
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of 3 years full-time post-graduate energy-related experience
- Highly motivated and encouraged to work with the Council
- Advanced level of English
We are looking for committed, dynamic professionals. If you think you have what it takes, click below.