Becoming a Future Energy Leader
For those accepted onto the programme, there are significant opportunities to progress ideas, projects and even careers. For employers the Council’s development programme is a unique opportunity to add to their company’s career paths allowing the next generation of leaders to develop new skills and expertise in an international environment. For the Council and the broader energy sector, this unique development programme helps build the much-needed capabilities to ensure we are taking positive steps towards successful energy transition.
“For me, the Future Energy Leader Programme turned out to be a life-changing experience. When I came to the World Energy Congress in Daegu in 2013, I was in the process of finishing my PhD. Through the Japanese Future Energy Leaders, I made contact with the prestigious Research Institute of Innovative Technology for the Earth (RITE) in Kyoto. I was hired a few months later. I literally got into my dream job thanks to Future Energy Leader Programme!”
Bianka Shoai Tehrani, Future Energy Leader Alumni
Who can join?
During the first half of every year we on-board around 35 new participants and the same number of participants are replaced. Programme applicants should meet the following essential criteria:
- Solid interest and proven track record in energy or energy +; the CV indicates a specific achievement and the potential to become a leader in their field
- 3-5 years of junior management experience in an energy-related field is considered a plus
- Highly motivated and encouraged to work with the World Energy Council, and ready to commit to becoming a member of the exclusive Global FEL community and remain engaged for at least one up to typically three years
- Advanced level of English
- Not more than 32 years old at the time of application
- Availability for at least 15 days of contact time with the development programme (20 days in Congress years). Validation by an employer would be considered a plus.
Before you start completing this application form, please read the outline of the application form and make sure you have all necessary documents ready to be uploaded (CV and two recommendation letters).
We are looking for committed, dynamic professionals. If you think you have what it takes, get in touch.