The World Energy Council is delighted to announce the addition of 50 new members to its global Future Energy Leaders (FEL) programme. Serving as the Council’s platform to support and promote the energy leaders of tomorrow, the FEL Programme is comprised of exceptional young professionals from across the globe united by their commitment to shaping the future of energy.
They work towards solving the world’s most pressing challenges in energy and sustainability, and engaging in national, regional and global dialogues to fulfil our Humanising Energy vision.
This year’s FELs were nominated by 40 of our Member Committees, and we received nearly 200 applications from 60 different countries.
Half of the 50 FELs accepted to the programme are women, whose diverse backgrounds are representative of this year’s cohort as they span all sectors: renewables, engineering, technology and innovation, oil and gas, government, non-governmental organisations, power and utilities.
The FELs Programme currently represents 61 countries and 47 Member Committees.
The 50 new Future Energy Leaders 2023 are:
- Alda Manuel, Angola, Renewable Energy Project Manager, Anglobal SA
- Nicolas Daniel Gonzalez, Argentina, Country Manager, Martifer Group
- Jacqui Mills, Australia, Senior Solution Architect, Schneider Electric
- Ivo Wakounig, Austria, Senior Advisor, World Energy Council Austria
- Guilherme Castro, Brazil, Solutions Consultant, AI Energy & Utilities, Dataiku
- Sofia Euthymiou, Brazil, Renewable Business Integration & Digitalization Lead, Shell
- Maira Alejandra Kleber Sierra, Colombia, Legal professional, e2 Energia Eficiente S.A. E.S.P.
- Filip Koprčina, Croatia, Founder and CEO, Energy Shift
- Andrea Lilibeth Torres Rivilla, Ecuador, Electrical Engineer, Angencia de Regulación y Control de Energías y Recursos Naturales no Renovables
- Helen Jarva, Estonia, Project Manager, Energy Networks Association
- Lara Schech, Germany, Manager Energy Economics and Corporate Positioning, EnBW
- Hergen Wolf, Germany, Director Product Management, Sunfire GmbH
- Theophilus Amidu, Ghana, Production Scheduler, Ghana National Gas Company Ltd
- Ramit Kalia, India, Manager (Engineers India Limited) & Technical Officer (Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas), Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (On deputation from Engineers India Limited)
- Monica Raphita Simarmata, Indonesia, Energy Sector Senior Associate, Tetra Tech ES, Inc
- Ian O'Malley, Ireland, Director of Sales & Digital, UK & Ireland, Fluence
- Jonathan Pollock, Ireland, Network Assets RP7 Project Manager, Northern Ireland Electricity Networks
- Igor Malgieri , Italy, International Affairs Lead, Edison
- Vaishali Tonk, Japan, Assistant Manager, International Business Development, Tokyo Electric Power Company, Inc.
- Baraah Alsardi, Jordan, Planning Engineer, Ministry of Energy
- Daniel Bungey, Kenya, Technical Compliance & NPI Project Manager, SparkMeter Inc
- Mohamad Chbaro, Lebanon, Group Leader, Dar Al Handasah
- Lukas Trakimavicius, Lithuania, Subject Matter Expert at the Research and Lessons Learned Division, NATO Energy Security Centre of Excellence
- Luis Medina Rivas, Mexico, Co-founder and CEO, Tether
- Sabrine Emran, Morocco, Economist - Energy and Commodities, Policy Center for the New South
- Damilola Adeyanju, Netherlands, Executive Coordinator, Arctic Basecamp Foundation
- Douwe van der Stroom, Netherlands, Programme manager energy transition & digitisation, Port of Rotterdam
- Robyn Holdaway, New Zealand, Group Manager - Public Policy, Vector Limited
- Olamide Atoyebi, Nigeria, Field Engineer, Schlumberger
- Kirill Vankov, Norway, Associate consultant, Cognizant
- Lala Rukh Memon, Pakistan, Doctoral Researcher, MaREI - Science Foundation Ireland, Research Centre for Energy, Climate and Marine
- Mateo Ramirez, Panama, Business Development, Enel Green Power
- Miguel Valderrama, Peru, Senior PPA Transactions Associate, Pexapark
- Ana Gomes, Portugal, Energy Policy Analyst, Apetro
- Nevin Alija, Portugal, Head of European Affairs, Floene
- Rares Hurghis, Romania, Strategy Expert, ENGIE Romania
- Sarah Alharthey, Saudi Arabia, Executive Business Development Manager, ACWA Power
- Mogale Diagile Modisane, South Africa, Engineering and Technical Support (ETSG), Engie
- Henar Rabadan, Spain, Hydrogen Market Intelligence and Business Development, Repsol
- Kodjovi Louis Anono, Togo, Energy Engineer, Eware Group
- Ayoub GABTNI, Tunisia, Contract Engineering Lead, EDVANCE
- Jacqueline Chinwe Stephen, United Kingdom, Business Planning & Performance Advisor, bp
- Naimat Chopra, United States, Fellow, Cohen Group
- Qianru Zhu, United States, Research Economist, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
- Stephanie Lalezari, United States, Senior Manager, Operational Excellence, Southern California Edison
- Rocío Sallés, Uruguay, Site Resident, Ingener
- Maira Morales, Uruguay, Refinery Planning Engineer, ANCAP
- Amine Kabbaj, France, Strategy & Investment analyst, EDF